Sunday, March 02, 2008

Atonement

I'm trying to write a paper on atonement. I have written 1 page. I have nothing further to say because I don't understand what I'm even trying to write about. It's not really senioritis, though I am currently enjoying thinking about my job more than any of my school work, and I really can't wait till these endless papers are over. I would settle down and do the work if I could just figure out anything to say. Every time I try to concentrate my brain just rebels. The paper is due by 5pm tomorrow, and I only have one page with no prospects for further paragraphs. Can I please just be done now?

6 Comments:

At 3/02/2008 8:59 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

Ellen handed out an 8x14 (I think) sheet/chart on atonement theories with all the specifics, a kind of atonement-at-a-glance, in our Ethics II class. I wonder if you can find someone on the block who has that and can give it to you. Maybe Beth? Worth a try!

 
At 3/02/2008 9:24 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

Thanks. I have that sheet back in my Systematic Theology file. It's for John Dally's class, and we're supposed to be answering the question "Did Jesus die for my sins?" using our first weekend's experience and a lot of readings including a very long and incomprehensible (to me) book by Renee Girard.

 
At 3/02/2008 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No real need to dive into atonement theory to be an Episcopal Priest, just write a movie review of the movie by the same name...

 
At 3/03/2008 3:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could also describe the ways in which you plan to atone for not having submitted (ha! what a symbolic verb there!) a proper paper on the topic of atonement...

 
At 3/03/2008 6:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, don't read the book Atonement. it won't help. It took her 5 pp to pick out a dress for dinner and 15 to break a vase! You'll never finish.

 
At 3/03/2008 6:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, don't read the book Atonement. it won't help. It took her 5 pp to pick out a dress for dinner and 15 to break a vase! You'll never finish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home