Final Week
I can't believe it's my final week of seminary. By this time in a week I will be in Colorado, taking in as much mountain viewing as I can. I had hoped to be done with all my work by now, but the weekend was pretty much a wash on getting work done. We had our awards night, and I drank too much and was hungover on Saturday. I didn't mean to, but I was having so much fun Friday night...
Awards Night went well for me. I received a cantor award, and I wanted to go back to all the people who told me I couldn't sing when I was a kid and say, "I can too sing!" I also received a preaching award. That one made me very happy.
The adrenalin is back. I woke up this morning with new energy to finish my last paper. I got done with the GOE rewrites on Friday and sent them off yesterday. Hopefully they will fulfill the requirement and then I can burn any remnants I have that remind me of them. I have written 6 1/2 of 15 pages of my last paper, so I will finish today or tomorrow and then I will be so very done! I have one Play Church class left tomorrow, and I'm storytelling the lesson for one of the services.
Wednesday night we have our senior dinner. Thursday we have graduation rehearsal, and my parents and friend Janey come in and we celebrate the 150th anniversary of Seabury, even though it feels weird to celebrate such an event when the seminary is in the situation it's in. It's a bitter sweet time, sadness mixed with excitement. I said good-bye to my field ed parish yesterday. It was nice to have my last day be Pentecost. We sang "Hail thee festival day," and we had brass!
Friday I graduate. In case any of you had forgotten. Whee!!!

1 Comments:
Wheeeeeee!!!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home