Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Moving

For the past two mornings I have awakened at 5:30. It's sun and birds combined with a mind full of moving details. The movers come Friday to take my stuff. I have been a packing fiend, trying to get everything done before they come. Next Tuesday I close on my house, and then hopefully my stuff will arrive shortly thereafter. I keep looking at the pictures of my house to remind me of what it will look like.

Each day as I take a walk by the lake, I think back to when I moved here, and how disorienting it was to see the Chicago skyline. I wonder if it will be as disorienting to move back to Virginia since I consider it home. I'm not looking forward to the 90-100 degree heat they've been having, but other than that, I'm ready. Seminary can't really prepare you for the challenges of ministry, but I've learned as much as I can here, and now it's time to go get started in this new life. The Hickory Neck people have been so welcoming. I can't wait to get to meet them and start our journey together.

1 Comments:

At 6/12/2008 4:02 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

Moving is hard. Sorting and packing are dusty, hot work. Give yourself a reward at the end of the day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home