Monday, June 16, 2008

Moving Part 3

Today was the first day of my new life, and it was full of shopping. I'm looking to buy a new mattress and a sofa, among many other things. I think I found a great pillow top mattress on sale, but didn't have much luck yet with a sofa. I did get to eat lunch at Chick-fil-a, a real treat since Chicago didn't have any. I also got to listen to all my favorite radio stations. I drove around town and started to get to know my new home. Then I went to the walk-through and started reacquainting myself with my new house. So many appliances! So exciting. Turns out that my deck is completely shaded in the summer when all the leaves have come out. Tomorrow is closing. Then it will be mine!

Virginia is home to me in a way that Chicago never was. I had forgotten just how friendly people are in the South, and everyone seems to know where Hickory Neck Church is. They're all so excited that I'm a clergy person, too. I'm so interested to see how this will all unfold. But right now I'm so exhausted that I might fall asleep while typing.

3 Comments:

At 6/16/2008 9:28 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

I am so going to come visit you sometime!!

 
At 6/17/2008 6:00 AM , Blogger Merely Human said...

I hope you do! Visitors welcome!

 
At 6/17/2008 4:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Chick-fil-a! Yay space! (That's one of the things I'm most excited about in Tbilisi.)

The other Doug in my virtual life wrote something about Jordan that I think you might like:

http://hdtd.typepad.com/hdtd/2008/06/bethany-across.html

Also, sorry if my last comment (downthread a little) ended a bit abruptly. I was writing from work and had to stop commenting and, well, work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home