Saturday, June 28, 2008

Final Moving Post

My amazing parents have been here for the past week, helping me get settled in the house. We've awakened between 5-6 every morning either because our minds were racing or because the cat has been sick. She had to go to the vet twice this week. She's getting better, but it's been a rough week.

We didn't get everything done, but we got more done than I expected, including hanging lots of pictures, arranging furniture, buying furniture, unpacking, and planting. A few pictures are below to show you the new house. My mom came up with the great idea while we were at an antique store - to use a tea cart as an entertainment center. Turned out to be just perfect.

Now my parents have gone home, and I've felt a bit lonely and completely exhausted. But in a few minutes I leave to stay overnight with friends in Norfolk and then preach at my sponsoring parish tomorrow. Whew! I had hoped to start work feeling rested, but at least I am somewhat nested.






2 Comments:

At 6/29/2008 9:44 AM , Blogger Lee said...

looks absolutely lovely!

 
At 7/02/2008 9:18 AM , Blogger Dr. KNS said...

I'm sure it feels weird to you, but it already looks like it's your house! I haven't seen your place since Norfolk, but that's definitely your stuff and your way of putting it in a space. Hope you grow into it well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home