Friday, June 20, 2008

First Night in the New Home

Since my mattress arrived yesterday, I decided to stay the night here. We had big thunderstorms at midnight with hail. It's good to be in the house, though, even if it feels like camping at the moment. My stuff is supposed to come tomorrow.

Zoya was so cute when I brought her in yesterday. She sniffed everything and explored the whole house. Then she went and hid in the bathtub. But she came out for the evening and woke me up at the now usual 5am. This time, though I was able to go back to sleep. Today I will continue shopping and possibly work on my sermon for next Sunday at my sponsoring parish.

DSL is eluding my efforts to set it up, but someone nearby has enough wireless power to get me on the Internet for now. Hopefully by next week I'll have my technology worked out.

I still can't believe I have this much space! Neither can Zoya. She keeps going into rooms and lying down in the corners. And I have A/C! I did my first load of laundry in my huge washer yesterday. It's good to be home, even if it won't really feel that way until my stuff arrives and is put into place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home