First Sunday
What a wonderful first Sunday I had today. They combined all 3 services into one with a welcome reception following. I was the preacher, and they seemed to like my sermon. It wasn't my best ever, but it did combine my first day with Independence Day and loving your enemies. I always feel a bit weird about occasional sermons, but I think this was the right thing to do for today.
The rector modified the Installation service, and I was surprised at how moving it was. I knelt and said that beautiful prayer that the new clergy person says. It was very powerful. And then Michael had me distribute bread to everyone. I've done that before, but somehow it was even more powerful today.
People said very nice things and were so welcoming and friendly. My favorite comment was an older man who told me I had a great presence but that my looks were even better.
This week there are 4 more meet and greets, two of them tomorrow. There's a funeral on Friday and a vestry retreat all day Saturday. Guess it's good to plunge right in.

2 Comments:
And so it begins. I love how you sound right now, and I am so excited for you in this next chapter!
Jumping in is really the only way--but you do have swimmies and that is good too. ;-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home