The Sermon about Nothing
Today I gave a "sermon about nothing" to my preaching class and was blown away by the positive feedback I received. I was so anxious, partly because I did it without notes and partly because it truly was about nothing. Somehow I pulled it out and what I thought was a cop out, everyone else experienced as a very authentic, profound message. What do I know?
I think the temperature got above 5 today. It's been -2 every morning for days with wind chills in the -20's. When I complained that we haven't had much snow, I was not asking for more cold! We did get a couple of inches of snow today which was nice. More snow. Less cold, please.
For those of you who have access to it, I am part of a story on seminarian debt in the Episcopallife newspaper. They even have a picture of me. I'm semi-famous. When they put it up online I'll post the link.
I leave Thursday for VA. It's supposed to be in the low 40's there. It will feel like a heat wave!

4 Comments:
What do you mean *semi* famous??
You are world-famous and have been for many years, don't tell me you're not!
Oh, right. One of the side effects of seminary is that I forgot I was world famous. :)
Any time you have groupies, you are world famous. Guess you will have to deal with it!
;-)
ps BRRRR!! Head for the heatwave!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home