No More Photos
Well, my health has improved, but during our big medieval mass/Boar's Head Feast on Thursday night, my camera bag with camera and keys was stolen out of the sacristy. Such a drag. We think we know who the thief was, but of course there's no proof. My camera, with pictures from Christmas of my adorable niece and nephew, is gone. So are my car keys and apartment keys and storage lock key and mailbox key and parents' house key. The school changed the lock on my apartment, but it looks to be too expensive to change the locks on the car. Hopefully the thief just tossed the keys when he realized he had not actually stolen a purse and therefore did not get any money.
We're expecting snow here tonight. I have to say that I'm disappointed in Chicago snow. Though I can't complain about having mild winters, I'm not sure what the point of living in the north is if you don't get snow. In the future I will also be unwilling to listen to northerners complain about southerners driving in the snow or mocking the south for shutting down when snow comes. THE SAME THING HAPPENS HERE!!!! Car wrecks everywhere, traffic at a standstill, school closings, etc. The only difference is that after the snow is finished falling, the roads are cleared much sooner because they have more than one plow here.
Can you tell I'm avoiding the two mini-papers that I'm supposed to be writing for this week. It's so grey and bleak outside that the hibernation instinct has kicked in mightily, and I've spent the afternoon fighting the sleepies. Blah.

2 Comments:
Three things:
-Your current history class is the best preparation you'll get for GOEs, and in particular those papers. If I haven't already explained why, ask me and I'll do so.
-I'm always told that southerners close things for 2 inches and we close them for 2 feet. This seems to be true in Cleveland, but in Northampton, stores closed for the threat of snow - I guess out of fear that it would be two feet in two hours. Drove me nuts.
-The car wrecks in the north are caused by visiting southerners. :)
Thing one doesn't sound like sarcasm, so perhaps I need your explanation, because I'm not seeing the connection between writing a paper on the practice of honoring elders and the GOEs. Or were you referring to the Cappodocian class instead of the CH3 class?
Thing three - them's fightin' words, missy! Southerners KNOW they can't drive in the snow/ice, so they go slowly.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home