Summer in Chicago
Yippee!!! I have just heard the very good news that the Commission on Ministry is allowing me to remain in Chicago for the summer instead of going back to Virginia to work at the summer camp there. Since it is so hard to take Greek in the Seabury curriculum, I will take a summer intensive course and will also go to California to the Hoffman Institute for a 10-day retreat thing. I have been awaiting this news, so I'm very happy to have it.
In health news, my dad is getting better, and my back is gradually improving as well. I'm not at 100% yet, but I'm getting there. I was even able to do some Christmas shopping this morning without too much pain. Friday I leave to drive to Sewanee for a visit with Dan Backlund, and then I will head on to GA Saturday. I'll be away for two weeks celebrating Christmas with my family. This is the last year I will have a stress-free holiday. Next year I will take the General Ordination Exams during the first week of January. They are similar to Sewanee's comps, only they last for 6 days. Then, after I graduate, Christmas will be a busy work time for someone in the ministry. I intend to enjoy this last season of freedom.
It is grey and gloomy here today. I think I actually prefer 15 degrees if it's sunny with snow on the ground to 40 degrees and drizzle. I am reminded of the line from Mary Poppins (which I watched last night), "It's awful dark and gloomy up there!" Only we don't have acrobatic chimney sweeps turning cartwheels on our rooftops. Mary Poppins - now there is one self-differentiated woman!

1 Comments:
Testing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home