Thursday, November 23, 2006

Post Turkey Musings

It's Thanksgiving evening. We've stuffed ourselves all day long. My sister-in-law brought a new tradition when she came into the family - that of Thanksgiving appetizers. She makes them for lunch. Today's batch included bacon wrapped sausage balls, pecan cheese puffs, a bacon cheese ball with crackers, a garlic herb dip, apples and clementine oranges. I stuffed myself. We exchanged Christmas gifts since we will not be with my brother's family at Christmas. We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner as well. Tomorrow all the "girls" are going to the Center for Puppetry Arts to see Charlotte's Web, my gift to my niece. My nephew is running around constantly. He likes giving me "5". He's adorable but very busy. Fortunately he goes to bed at 6:30.

I am very thankful to be here with my family, well fed and warm. Tonight I remember those who are not so blessed and pray that God will be with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home