Saturday, January 06, 2007

1st Week Down

The first week of the new quarter is over, and it has been a busy one. Alas, after thinking that I had resumed a healthy status, I seem to have acquired a sinus infection. Sigh... I'm struggling today to maintain concentration on the plethora of reading already assigned so far. It's sunny today, but with the way I feel, it's too cold to go for a walk even though it's warm by Chicago standards at 45.

Classes this quarter:
New Testament 2
Church History 3
Cappadocians and Friends (theologians of the 4th century)
Preaching 2

I think my favorites will be Preaching and Cappadocians, though the latter has a fairly intense work load. Preaching looks to be similar to an acting class. What a relief!! Something familiar!! I'm also leading a centering prayer group, attending a Bible study on Job at my field ed parish, and have signed up for a yoga class. My time in the sacristy has finally ended, and as of Monday I will have turned everything over to the new folks. I would rejoice, but my sinuses hurt too much.

Last year felt like I had been thrown into the ocean without even one swimming lesson, and I constantly thought I would drown. Last quarter felt like treading water. I'm hoping to start swimming now that I'm half way through seminary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home