Asheville Vacation
In other news, I'm having a great vacation with my parents in Asheville. This trip was originally planned to celebrate my 40th birthday. Last night we had dinner at the Pisgah Inn, with a breathtaking view of the mountains. We had spent the day driving up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway. We visited Mt. Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi. We tried to visit Craggy Gardens, but they were closed due to "dangerous bear activity." Who knew? It was a beautiful day of mountains. I'm really loving Asheville. One day I will live in the mountains.
The view from Pisgah Inn. Yummy mountain trout, too!
Mom and me. We hiked to a summit but there was no view. Disappointing.
Mom, Dad, and me at Mt. Mitchell.
The view from the top.
Dad and me on the trail that seemed more like a rain forest trail than a mountain one.

1 Comments:
wow! in the view from the top pic there are actually clouds lower than you! looks like a wonderful trip! R
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home