Thursday, April 16, 2009

Surgery Update

I have lots to write about Holy Week, but I don't know if it'll happen because I'm busy recovering from my gallbladder surgery on Monday. It went well. No nausea from the anesthesia. Quite a bit of pain in the beginning, but vicodin works wonders. I am doing well, although I am not recovering as quickly as other people say they did. The hospital folks said it would take 7 days to feel normal again. I went in to work for an hour today and came home for a nap. Then I went to my women's clergy group - someone drove me. Now I will rest more. Pretty big weekend ahead, so I will probably rest tomorrow too. Not a lot of pain, but it's uncomfortable to breathe deeply, and getting up and down is difficult. Mom and Dad left yesterday, so that was a little sad, but my spirits were back up today. Of course it helps that the sun finally came out!

Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. I have been well cared for. Soon this will just be a distant memory.

1 Comments:

At 4/20/2009 9:53 AM , Blogger Rainy Rector said...

Get well soon, little Sister! I hope this kicks off a new season of health and happiness!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home