Saturday, March 07, 2009

Hida Scan

So I had my Hida Scan yesterday. It wasn't so bad really. They injected me with dye and then dimmed the lights and turned on quiet music. Except for a couple minutes of pain early on, I just laid there with my eyes closed. After about an hour they came back and told me that they couldn't see my gallbladder. I should go back in the waiting room and in half an hour they would take another picture. They did this twice. I asked them if my gallbladder was hiding and wondered why they couldn't see it. One tech said it was gall stones. The other said it might be gall stones, but it was definitely some sort of blockage that was preventing the tracer from getting into the gallbladder.

So, something is wrong. There's a blockage. The tech did not know what the next step would be. Maybe another ultrasound to try to see the stones. Maybe an endoscopy, which I read up on, and apparently the little camera they send down has attachments that can essentially push gall stones out of the way sometimes. It looks like there will definitely be more hospital visits in my future though I don't know yet if I'll need surgery. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, it was 75 degrees today, and since I've given up almost all tv for Lent, I got a lot done, including finishing my sermon and an hour long walk. It's hard to be real worried when the weather is this beautiful. I even cooked burgers out on the grill for dinner tonight. Yum!

1 Comments:

At 3/11/2009 4:50 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

I'm wishing you all the best and glad that the scan has been done. You can send some of that weather here anytime. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home