Monday, December 15, 2008

Decorating


Over the past week I have managed to get a Christmas tree, put it up, decorate it, and put up my other decorations. I used to do all of that in a day, but now it seems to take me a full week. I have wrapped the presents for my family so that I can send them off to Fayetteville. And now I am listening to Celtic Christmas music as I look around at all that I have accomplished. For 3 years I have been unable to put up any decorations at all because my living space was simply too small. It's been a delight to become reacquainted with ornaments and other decorations. As usual Zoya participated in the tree decorating by stretching out amidst the ornaments. Sometimes she gets in the box, but this time she remained near the box. A parishioner made me the lovely wreath that now encircles the lantern/light over my garage door.

It was 70 degrees today, and though it seems odd after the very cold weather we've been having, I thoroughly enjoyed going for an hour walk in short sleeves. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week. I am not missing the frigid temperatures that Chicago is experiencing this week.

I will be preaching three services on Christmas Eve and then flying to Fayetteville on the 25th to be with my family. I am so happy with my work and church and home, but it's a little lonely here. I will be glad to be with my family for a few days before coming back here to get ready for a new year.




2 Comments:

At 12/15/2008 10:33 PM , Blogger Lee said...

Looks absolutely lovely, Lauren! I know it felt good to get reacquainted with your things!

 
At 12/18/2008 7:45 AM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

Zoya looks happier than I have ever seen her! ;-) Have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Love to all of you.
J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home