Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Miracle Vitamins?

For a number of years I have been tired. I don't know whether it goes back before seminary, but I know I was tired the whole time I was in seminary. Even when I got enough sleep. And I've been tired since I got here. I'm enjoying myself much more now than in seminary, and I had hoped that with more exercise and a regular day off and better balance that I wouldn't feel tired all the time. I know there was a time in my life where I didn't feel tired all the time.

Last week I ran out of my multi-vitamin and so I picked up the bottle of B-Stress vitamins that I had purchased in seminary. For whatever reason I never really took them. I've been taking them for a week. This may be pure coincidence, but I'm less tired. Not that I don't still get sleepy in the afternoon - but I haven't been sleepy in the morning! Sunday was a huge day, but I wasn't as tired as I've been on other Sundays, and Monday I wasn't wiped out.

All this time I have been trying to come up with emotional and spiritual reasons why I'm tired so often. Maybe I just have a vitamin B deficiency. Apparently it can cause fatigue, insomnia, depression, memory loss, and a host of other things. It's only been a week, so I don't want to think too highly of this vitamin, but if I could not feel tired so often, it would be a huge blessing!

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2008 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

when is the last time you had some blood work done to check your hemoglobin? Low iron is a common problem for women your age and has similar symptoms. Just a thought.
R

 
At 9/24/2008 3:19 PM , Blogger Rainy Rector said...

"Women your age" Doh! Did they really say that??? :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home