Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fewer Posts

I thought I'd post twice today since I've had so few recently. I'm finding that I can't really write much about my new work. Peoples' privacy needs to be respected, and blogs are far too public places to write about many of the details of parish life. Besides, I've been so busy that it's hard to find time to jot things here.

Plans for the ordination are coming along, and I'm thrilled that so many wonderful people are coming. A number of theatre folks are planning to be here. I love the fact that people from my "old" life are coming to support me as I get started in my "new" life. A week before the ordination I'm going on a retreat to a bed and breakfast in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's run by a retired Episcopal priest and his wife, and I'll be staying in their garage apartment they call the "tree house." It'll be good to go away and be in the mountains and be still and read and think and try to figure out what it means for me to become a priest.

2 Comments:

At 7/31/2008 4:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) I think you're supposed to figure that out before you go to seminary, but it's too late now!

2) I feel certain I had a second point earlier.

3) The answers to the quiz are all written out in the prayer book.

 
At 8/03/2008 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've got a lifetime to figure it out, and if it means any one thing, or indeed if what it means stays the same for more than a few years, I should be very surprised.

Happy belated birthday!

We're in Georgia now.

Three items appears canonical for this post, so I will stop here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home