Late Birthday Dinner
Monday was my birthday. I turned 39 for the first time. Though, knowing me, I won't be one to hold at 39, even though I could probably get away with it for the next ten years since I look so young. I like being the age I am, though it does seem like 39 is a number for more years than I could possibly have lived. Lots of people sent Facebook wishes or emails or cards. It was nice to be remembered. My favorite gift was a Deluxe Miracles of Jesus action figure, including tiny loaves and fishes and glow in the dark hands on Jesus. My friends really do love me.
My rector's wife invited me over for brownies on my birthday. I thought it was for dinner, so I didn't eat anything, and when I got there, I realized my mistake. So I had a birthday dinner of warm triple chunk brownies with vanilla ice cream. Not bad. I even had seconds.
It did mean that I didn't really get a birthday dinner, though. So tonight I went to UKROP's and finally picked up one of the lump crab cakes that I've been eying in the deli section since the first week I got here. I warmed it up, served it with some rice pilaf, garlic bread, and a salad. That crab cake is the best I've had since I've been back in VA. Lump crab meat with no filler and a few bits of shell to prove its authenticity. Delicious. I baked myself a yellow cake with dark chocolate icing that I will try in a bit with some vanilla ice cream. Of course I will have to take most of the cake into work tomorrow since leaving it here will only encourage me to put on even more weight. It was a good birthday dinner, even if it was a few days late.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home