Exhaustion
For those of you who have not yet wearied of looking at pictures of my ordination (most likely my family!) there are two albums of photos posted on the Hickory Neck website.
This week I got to go on a Fresh Start Overnight Retreat. Fresh Start is a program for new clergy or clergy who are new to a particular church or diocese. Some people complain about Fresh Start, but I found that ours was run very well. It was great to connect with fellow clergy people and the other 5 who were ordained this month. It was also great to talk about transition and to reflect on all the change that has happened this year.
All the guests have left, and the hoopla is over, and I've had time for some reflection and even some tv watching, but I still feel utterly exhausted. I don't even have energy to wash dishes and do laundry and write the 200 or so thank yous that I need to write. I can't seem to feel like I've slept enough, and mostly I just want to lounge on the couch. Is this some sort of post-ordination let down? I did preach yesterday and go to Youth Group, but I had a big nap in between. I feel like all motivation has left me. There's plenty to be done, but I just want to rest. Did any of my ordained readers feel this way a week after ordination? Or have I just succumbed to the ever lurking temptation of sloth?

1 Comments:
If it is any consolation *I* am still exhausted from your Ordination and I was highly peripheral!!
Mine was SO close to Christmas that it was about the
27th before I ground to a real halt but then I was stuck in the mud for several days. Any time you put in all of that anticipatory emotion and then do something like that you will take a hit. It is an odd business- the things that feed me the most also pack the biggest punch and I am still learning how to deal with that. At the moment, due to other challenges, I am really down to the burned out dregs but I am hoping that in about 2 weeks that whatever is left of me will revive! Rest as you can, my friend! Love!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home