Monday, August 25, 2008

Ordination

I suspect there will be many posts about my ordination on Saturday. I wish I knew how to post the pictures better, but I'll just keep putting them up with each new post.

It was amazing. Perfect. Everything I could have wanted it to be and more. Family and friends came from all over. We had a wonderful party Friday night at my house with about 30 people in attendance. Saturday's liturgy was spectacular beyond belief (maybe not as spectacular as the Olympics Opening and Closing ceremonies, but on a smaller scale, as good as it gets,) the flowers and music and reception were lovingly and beautifully done, and the spirit in the church filled me with joy. The Dean of Seabury was the preacher, and he did an outstanding job - people can't stop talking about it. I tried to be present to everything, but I am thankful to the pictures for helping me remember it all. So without further ado, here are a few pictures, beginning with the church before everything started.



The person who does our flowers has a true gift.



This was my favorite part of the flower arrangements.



The calm...




Brother Chris and Sister-in-law Meghan with me before the service.



Presenters practicing.



I do love to sing!



"Vested according to the order of priests." Parents and niece Emily assisting.



"The Peace of the Lord be always with you!"

6 Comments:

At 8/25/2008 8:49 AM , Blogger Southern Girl said...

Lovely photos Lauren! It looks like the perfect day!

Stevie

 
At 8/25/2008 8:54 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

Wow. Just Wow.

 
At 8/25/2008 10:09 AM , Blogger Rainy Rector said...

Congratulations, Sister Bear! I really wish I could have been there! I'm so happy for you! It looks wonderful. Thanks for posting the pics. < > (big hug) Brother Bear

 
At 8/25/2008 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeee-HAW!

 
At 8/25/2008 5:53 PM , Blogger Zana said...

Congratulations! 8-)

 
At 8/25/2008 10:10 PM , Blogger Lee said...

I'm with raisin.

so, so happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home