Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Blessing of Music

I love music.
The rector at my church is a musician. He loves music even more than me.
We sing A LOT at Hickory Neck. This morning we sang "For All the Saints" (all 8 verses) and "I Sing a Song of the Saints of God" 3 times and "Ye Watchers and Ye Holy ones" twice. I was in heaven. I sang the refrain of "Taste and See" as the opening of my sermon. We sing all kinds of music at HNC. My rector has encouraged me to have my hymnal at the altar so that I can sing communion hymns in between distributing communion. We even sing acapella at the 8:00 service, though admittedly there are only a few hymns I can lead without music. But Michael can lead them all.

God has blessed me by putting me in a place where music is so important. I am grateful.

3 Comments:

At 11/03/2008 9:05 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

Isn't it sweet?
My parish is home to an entire department from the School of Music this year, due to the summer flood having wiped out the music building -- there are musicians everywhere, day and night. I feel so lucky. I'm happy that you are, too.

 
At 11/03/2008 11:36 AM , Blogger Rainy Rector said...

You are so blessed! We don't sing much at all. :-(

 
At 11/04/2008 8:43 PM , Blogger Rev. Jane Austen said...

Singing? I remember singing. . . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home