Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Ongoing Health Saga

Are you bored yet? Reading so many posts about my health? I'm practicing for when I move into a retirement community in, oh, about 30 years.

I met with the surgeon this morning. I will be birthing a bouncing baby gallbladder on Monday, April 13, the day after Easter. The surgery only takes about 45 minutes, and I will be released that day. My parents arrive tomorrow to spend Holy Week with me, and they will stay for the surgery to take care of anything I need. Everyone has reassured me that it will be fine. I'm sure it will be. When you live a public life it's hard to just have your own experience.

I got my pair of progressive lenses two days ago. It's going to take some time to adjust. Wearing them is very strange, especially driving. I hope they will help and that the reading glasses arrive soon.

Now I can turn my attention to Holy Week. I'm preaching Maundy Thursday and Easter Vigil. I'm thinking of doing something creative, but I don't know what yet. Maybe preaching without notes or adding some movement. We'll see. Maundy Thursday is such an intimate service that I want to be out of the pulpit, but it's the only place where everyone can see me. Hmm...

1 Comments:

At 4/03/2009 9:11 AM , Blogger Raisin said...

Good that parents are coming. It sounds like your sense of humour is intact about this. ;)

Progressive lenses, ah yes; I got mine at age 35 and it took about 2 weeks to adjust. I found staircases challenging. Best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home