Monday, June 15, 2009

Diggin' in the Dirt

The past few Mondays off I have been healthy enough, and the weather has cooperated enough that I've finally been able to put some flowers and plants in my yard. I love to dig in the dirt. My parents have always loved working in the yard, and though I am not Master Gardeners like them, nor do I aspire to tend a yard as large as theirs, I have learned from them to enjoy puttering outside. In my current place, I don't have to mow the grass, though I do enjoy that, but I own just enough space around my house to plant a few things. I have sun in the front and almost complete shade in the back. I've put up a few flower boxes in the back with impatiens, and in the yard I've planted caladiums, hostas, and a couple of hydrangeas. In the front are petunias and vinca and and pentas, and million bells and verbena in a hanging basket. Hopefully everything will live. I feel sore, but it's a good sore. A few pictures below:






1 Comments:

At 6/18/2009 3:50 AM , Blogger Anna Noon said...

Looks fantastic! I miss digging in the dirt...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home