Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Mountain Retreat

For my birthday and as a sort of almost one year of ordination retreat, I went to the mountains last week. I stayed at the same B&B as I did last year, run by a retired priest and his wife. Lots of rain and humidity, but that didn't stop me from going on two big hikes. The first was to Humpback Rocks close to the start of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Bumped into some friends at the top. Kind of fun to sit up there on top of the mountain and chat. Kind of scary too. Pictures below.

I also hiked the Crabtree Falls trail. No pictures from that one as it rained the whole time except the first half hour. It was still good to be out and hiking in all that mountain/waterfall beauty, even if it was very wet and somewhat treacherous with the slick rocks.

It was great as always to be in the mountains. Next month I'll be going to Asheville for more mountain time, as well as spending Labor Day weekend at my old camp in north Georgia. The whole family will be there.

It's hard to come back from vacation.




2 Comments:

At 8/07/2009 7:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I remember hiking Dragon's Tooth. So beautiful up there. Glad you had a good time.

 
At 8/10/2009 8:43 AM , Anonymous Maria said...

It is hard to come back, but I'm glad you're back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home