Friday Fatigue
It's Friday, and Reading Week is next week, so I should feel happy that there are no classes. But I need to work tonight because I had to get an extension on a paper due earlier this week, and now it's due Monday. And there's so much work to be done in the last two weeks of this quarter. 2 sermons, 2 NT papers plus extensive class prep, 2 church history papers and a presentation, a Cappadocians paper and a presentation. Plus all the things I've been putting off like scholarship applications, candidacy paperwork, bill paying, apartment cleaning, etc. I'm so exhausted from last weekend's extraversion that I have almost no energy to get anything done.
And I'm sad about the church. I'm going to have to give up reading blogs for Lent because I'm so disturbed by the hateful things Christians say to one another. I can't remember which early church father said, "See these Christians, how they love one another." It's more like, "See these Christians how they despise one another." I'm praying for the Primates as they meet in Tanzania and hoping that some kind of reconciliation or "new thing" can be born of their deliberations. I ask your prayers, too, for St. Andrew's in the Pines, the church of my childhood. They voted to separate from the Episcopal Church, but there are some (including my parents) who do not want to leave ECUSA at this time, no matter what their disagreements with the church might be. It's a sad time. I know the church has divided and divided and divided again through its long history, but that doesn't make being in the middle of a split any easier. At least we're not burning each other at the stake. Yet.
We're expecting more snow tonight and then a possible warm-up next week. We might get above freezing on Monday. I'm going to try to brave the cold this weekend to go view the ice on Lake Michigan. It's not frozen, but I think it has icebergs on it. Happy Weekend to all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home