Daffodils!
I am wearing shorts today! It's 75 here. I'm being lulled into a false sense of spring, and I'm so hoping that we're not going to have any more freezes because I saw my first daffodils when I went on a walk across the street to the Shakespeare Garden. There were also crocuses and these pretty little blue flowers that are the first to bloom here. I could see leaves starting to come out on the willows by the lagoon. I know there's no way that spring is here. It seems almost a month earlier than last year. Of course last year I didn't know where to go to see all the first blooming flowers and this year I do.
I finally got the last of the cleaning done for the prospective students to visit today. It's nice to be in a very clean apartment. I give it till Wednesday before it's trashed again. I still have to finish my sermon for chapel on Friday. The end is completely eluding me. The rest of it seems okay, but I'm stuck on the end. I need to come up with something quick so that I'll have time to memorize it because I want to do it without notes. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Somehow it's different preaching to a seminary than to a parish.
Happy Momentary Spring!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home