Friday, March 23, 2007

Social Justice Prayer Service

When I met with my spiritual director today, I remembered an idea I had a few weeks ago about developing some liturgies related to social justice issues. They wouldn't be Eucharists and wouldn't require a priest. They might include prayers, litanies, music, silence. Each week/month might focus on a different topic or area. I'm considering whether I might try to implement something like that here and not wait until I'm in a parish. It would have to be something that didn't conflict with the 14 other services we have every week. Something that doesn't require many people to participate, like my centering prayer group. Maybe it could even vary locations. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in something like it. Maybe I'll bring it up at the next worship committee meeting.

1 Comments:

At 3/24/2007 2:29 PM , Blogger Raisin said...

Yes yes yes - I'm interested.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home