Sunday, March 18, 2007

Last Night of Freedom

I just posted my first online quiz below. I've never done that before, but this one seemed particularly appropriate since I am such a bookworm.

Tonight is the last night of spring break. I've managed to cut back on the work for the last couple of days. Friday I went to see "Bridge to Terebithia" AT THE MOVIE THEATRE. Since it was an 11:35am showing I was the only person in the theatre. Though I knew how the movie ended, (because of course I've read the book) I still sobbed for the last 20-30 minutes. It's probably good I was the only one there. I also rented Brokeback Mountain, The Devil Wears Prada, and An Unfinished Life. All were good choices, though Brokeback was sad to watch - beautiful scenery. I still have Little Miss Sunshine sitting on top of the DVD player. Last year at spring break I had to buy a DVD player when I discovered that video stores no longer carried videotapes. Sigh... I'm always behind the times.

It's cold again here, but when I went on my walk this evening, I stopped by the Shakespeare Garden across the street and saw the tips of the leaves from the bulbs starting to come up. Yay!!! My indoor tulips and daffodils are now dead. They don't last long.

Tomorrow I begin spring quarter. I'm now officially past the halfway mark of seminary. Whoa nellie! (As my mother likes to say.) I start with Liturgical Music tomorrow, and I'm also joining a Greek reading group to brush up on my Greek before I start my class this summer. I'm sitting in on some extra classes this week since I had a hard time making up my mind what to take. I'm very excited about a Celtic Spirituality Small Group that I'm in. I've already been looking through the book.

Unfortunately the cleaning frenzy seems to have abated before I could get completely done, but a lot of the apartment is much cleaner than it was before. I also got some new watercolor paints and did a few more experimental paintings. I'm enjoying playing with the colors.

Guess that's about all for now.

3 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can this lovely quiz be found?

 
At 3/19/2007 4:36 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_kind_of_reader_are_you
Not sure why the link didn't come through when I cut and pasted. I'm very new to this whole quiz thing.

 
At 3/19/2007 5:02 PM , Blogger Heidi Haverkamp said...

Oh, there's your quiz link. Also, I've been behind on my blog reading - so I'm sorry I had you repeat all this to me at lunch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home