Friday, March 02, 2007

One More Week

And then this quarter will be over. I got one sermon done this week, and it went well. My professor said that I've hit my preaching stride. That felt good to hear. I also got my presentation for my Cappadocians class over with, and I think it went well, too. At least the feedback I've gotten has been good. Best of all, it's done. I also got my NT probe and CH reflection papers back and did well on them.

Now I have a sermon, a presentation with a short paper for Church History, a short paper for Cappadocians, another probe and a sermon for NT, a research paper for Church History and one last passage presentation for NT. The NT and CH papers have been extended to the Monday of Spring Break. That helps make it possible to get them done, though it's making for a lack of motivation today when I should be working but am instead in a state of staring/dozing.

My advisor sent me the link to a good place to stay for the weekend after my retreat in June: http://www.stinsonbeachmotel.com/. I don't know how to make links work in a post, but hopefully you can paste it into your browser if you're interested. She writes about the place, "Walking along the Pacific coast is wonderul. There's a restaurant
near the beach where you can have a really nice dinner -- the Park View Restaurant. There are also many other restaurants and a store for food and snacks. Mt. Talmapias and Muir Woods also are nearby. There's a hiking trail that circles around the top of Mt. Talmapias, with amazing views and places to sit for meditations along the way. Muir Woods is a forest of ancient sequoia trees." She also talks about a hummingbird perching next to her. I want to go NOW!

Well, I should stop avoiding work. In just over a week this set of things to do will be done. But then comes a whole new set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home