A Few Good Things
Yesterday at church we had a very cool sermon. The chaplain from Canterbury Northwestern and one of her students were the guest preachers, and they did a dialogical sermon that related the passage about Jesus and the temptations to Dostoyevsky's "The Grand Inquisitor." They did an excellent job and provided much food for thought.
Then we had great fat fluffy flakes of snow. Last night I went back to Authentic Movement, and though it wasn't as cool as the first time, I still enjoyed it.
Today I got to sing again at Eucharist, and though I made a couple of mistakes, I was able to keep going, and probably only the real musicians even noticed. Tonight we had a Taizé Evensong. It's my favorite service that we do. I sit there and close my eyes, singing and listening to the music, and I think that heaven will be like that.
Tonight we had CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES for dessert at dinner! I'm SO GLAD that I didn't give up chocolate for Lent this year. They are one of my favorite things EVER! The other seminarians let me take the last 3 home since I was enjoying them so much.
My sermon and my paper are ready for tomorrow. There's lots of work due soon that isn't done, but the work for tomorrow is finished.

1 Comments:
What a happy blog, Lauren! I'm sorry I missed your singing yesterday. And I've been inspired by your entries on Authentic Movement, and was thinking maybe we should allow some dancing at Taize services... it would never happen here, but it would be cool.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home