Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter Storm

We are under a winter storm and ice storm warning tonight. It's been sleeting with howling winds for most of the evening, but for about 20 minutes we had beautiful, fat, fluffy flakes swirling around. We're only supposed to get a couple of inches, though Milwaukee is under blizzard warning with the expectation of up to 15 inches. Potentially severe icing could lead to a different set of problems. We'll see what happens over night.

My cold is getting better, and I've gotten some of my work done this week, though somehow I never seem to accomplish what I want to during Reading Week. But I'm better rested than I was, and I have finally come up with at least an idea for each of my many final projects/papers. Now I just have to do the work. This is a quarter where it would be nice to have someone cancel something, but it seems unlikely that will happen. Two weeks more and then we have spring break. Day lights savings comes early this year. Yay!

I got my next quarter's schedule, and was pleased to see I got into the Celtic Spirituality class I wanted. Next quarter I finish up with the last two required courses, Ethics 2 and Liturgical Music 2, and from now on I get to take electives. I also managed to send in the application for my Greek class this summer.

Drive safely, everyone, if you live in the path of this storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home