Not Quite Done
The quarter has ended but I'm still working. Two more papers to do before I can call it quits. I'm writing one on the passage in Matthew where Jesus curses a fig tree and makes it wither for no apparent reason. The other is on women in the Pentecostal church. Tonight some people from my preaching class went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, the Celtic Knot. It was nice to go out for a couple of hours.
I got my preaching date for spring quarter. March 30 I'll have my opportunity to preach in chapel for the whole community and not just class.
We had another few inches of snow this week. This time it wasn't blowing snow so it lingered on rooftops and tree limbs, creating a picturesque winter scene. I've come to dread the snow because of the snow plows that go through in the middle of the night and wake me up. Tonight it's raining, and we're supposed to get into the 50's next week. It's about now that I start to long for spring, but if it's like last year, it's almost 2 months away. Sigh...
I seem to be too brain-fried to have much to say. Just thought I'd check in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home