Friday, March 30, 2007

As I sink into oblivion...

It's been a good day. I saw a deer on my way home from a church meeting. Plus, the forsythia are starting to bloom! I got to go together with folks tonight and have Chicago style pizza.

Best of all, my sermon went really well today. There was so much adrenalin pumping through me that I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest while we were saying the psalm. I knew I was okay when I hit my first laugh line and I had to stop and hold until the laughter quieted down. Everyone said very nice things, though my favorite was a fellow classmate who said, "You rocked my face off." I'm not sure about the image that brings up, but I know that for him it is a big compliment. I also heard "nailed it" and "hit it out of the ballpark." It's nice to be appreciated, especially when you've worked so hard on something, and I have spent a ton of time trying to get that thing right for the past three weeks. Thanks to those of you who were there today. It was a great crowd, very responsive, very supportive. I'm glad this first one went so well - that'll make it easier the next time.

I'm taking tomorrow off. This week has felt almost like a finals week because I've had so much to do. But now it's over. Next week is Holy Week, and though I'm cantoring at 4 services, I don't have to be a sacristan, and I'm not in charge of any of the services! I can just enjoy the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home