Sunday, October 15, 2006

Post-Saturday Report

We lost the game yesterday, 6-0, but it was pretty close all the way, and for the most part everyone behaved well. It was sad that many of the Nashotah people either didn't come to chapel or refused to receive Communion from a female priest, but they were respectful, and that was what I was hoping for.

Yesterday evening a friend and I drove to Milwaukee to see a U2charist, or Eucharist with U2 music. It was wonderful. It's a service that plays U2 music instead of hymns and it's geared toward the Millennium Development Goals. The church was so full of energy and unity that it made a nice close to the day after the morning service with its underlying tension and division. My friend and I are hoping to be able to do a U2charist here at Seabury in the spring. I'm so glad we got to go.

After having attended church twice yesterday, I'm skipping out today and doing some much needed school work. We had snow flurries most of the day on Thursday, but today it's 50 and clear, so hopefully there will also be time for a walk.

3 Comments:

At 10/15/2006 1:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obvsly going to have to think of inappropriate U2 songs to suggest.

Also, flurries. DO NOT SEND! We will have plenty soon enough & I definitely do not want white powdery water until I am good and over the present head cold.

Most of our excessive absence of heat seems to come from Siberia, which is just like the Russians if you ask me. They came to Budapest for nigh on half a century without so much as a by your leave, never mind a jo napot kivanok or even an elnezest bocsanot. I think it snowed the whole time. (Occasionally our weather comes from Mongolia, of which the less said the better. See also Khan, Ghengis, p. 1206ff; hordes, Mongolian, p. 1227-1386; and ass, freezing off of, passim.)

[Goes and checks dosage on Sudafed tablets. Ah yes, that explains quite a bit.]

[ps Nina says, "Ahwabababba pffffftschenlxtpt! Ahyuuu!!"]

 
At 10/15/2006 2:15 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

I'm assuming Nina is the newest little one.

For as long as I've known you, you've written to me in languages I don't speak.

Hope the head cold gets better and that Mongolia and Siberia keep their weather to themselves a bit longer!

 
At 10/16/2006 4:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Jo napot kivanok" is "Good day," give or take a few accents. "Elnezest bocsanot" are both sort of "pardon me," though I never did work out when to use which one. That's about it for my Hungarian. (Writing in non-Lauren languages has worked so far; why stop?)

I am still learning to speak Nina, though perhaps she may learn our languages, too.

Thanks for the hopes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home