Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Plunge continued

Well, we are about halfway through our time in Kansas. Today will be full with lots of meetings and then one of the parishioners is throwing a tea for us at 3. Yesterday I got to attend a woman's Bible study led by one of the parishioners. It was a really wonderful group of women, multigenerational. They were studying Esther and had been to see the movie One Night with the King last week. They thought the actor playing Xerxes was a "hot tamale." It seemed like a really supportive group. We also met with the Worship Arts Pastor. She seems great. She's only been there a few weeks, but already she's incorporating the arts into the worship.

It's gotten cold here, but it's still sunny, so I'm thankful. Chicago has been so rainy this fall that it's a relief to be where the sun is shining. We have watched almost the first two seasons of West Wing. Our hosts loaned us some movies, so the guys will be happy. I am enjoying having the time to work on things at a reasonable pace and actually absorb what I'm reading, including another great preaching book and one called "Sacred Unions." I miss Zoya but I know her caregiver is taking good care of her.

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't tune in often enough to the Leaping Greenly Spirits of Trees. If I did, I'd feel calmer and happier most of the time. Hearing about your world and reading "your voice" is a good thing.

Enjoy Kansas, if you can!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home