Monday, April 30, 2007

Paper avoidance

My medical ethics paper is due Wednesday, and I can't seem to muster the energy to work on it at the moment.

I injured my knee at some point in the past 10 days, but I have no idea how. It's been hard to walk, and going up stairs is painful. After icing it yesterday and today, it seems to be getting better.

I'm still trying to come up with saints. I'm supposed to think of 4 favorite saints, my favorite blessed saint, and the person who I think should be canonized. I'm not very up on saint lingo, so I'm not sure I really know what the difference between a saint and a blessed saint is.
Hmm...
Teresa of Avila (she gave me the idea I have about the relationship between spirituality and action in the world)
Antony of the desert (I've done two papers on him now, so I feel like I know him pretty well) - Janey, don't get started on that damn cloak!
Brigid - a good Irish saint who lived in County Kildare where my family is from on my dad's side
Aidan - another Celtic saint, I visited his home at Lindisfarne

Well, I've done that part, and now I've avoided the paper long enough that I'm ready to sleep. Tomorrow I'll actually have to stay up until I finish. I'm a third of the way done. That must count for something!

4 Comments:

At 5/01/2007 12:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damien, who operated on Molokai, has been beatified, but not canonized. In RC lingo, this means he is Blessed Damien, but not yet Saint Damien.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Damien

Note that the Anglican calendar honors King Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma.

 
At 5/01/2007 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What flavor icing works best on knees?

 
At 5/01/2007 1:14 PM , Blogger Merely Human said...

Only Melissa, and not even her!

 
At 5/01/2007 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's from something, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home